Saturday, July 15, 2006

My New T-shirt

About a week ago, I ran into a friend of mine in a bar who has taken to making his own T-shirts, and he does a pretty good job too. I liked the one he was wearing and managed to talk him into trading shirts with me right then and there. Here it is:


Anyone living in the Charleston area will get the gag. On the other hand, the Sasquatch Army is a secret known only to a select few. If you have detailed information on the Sasquatch Army, please email me so I can arrange to have you killed.

Speaking of defending James Island, in one of those odd cosmic coincidences, just yesterday I was driving around and decided to check out an area off to the side of the salt marsh on Folly Road, just because I always wondered what was back there. I found a place called Fort Lamar, at which the Battle of Secessionville was fought. It was the last time James Island was truly defended. You can still see the earthworks. There's an interpretive hiking trial there that I'm going to check out sometime before I leave.