Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday Animal Blogging.

When I when was visiting my parents once, I brought my iguana with me as I usually did when I was there for more than a few days. Death Machine (the iguana's name -- not actually a machine, and not actually deadly), would stay in the bonus room that contained various toys and stuffed animals that my niece and nephew would play with. DM took a serious, um, interest in this stuffed T-Rex that my mom had made for my nephew.


Since my nephew had mostly outgrown stuffed toys at that point, my mom insisted that I let the iguana keep the T-rex as his own. So I did. I took it home and put it on the couch near where DM spent much of his time. People would ask why there was a stuffed T-rex on the couch, and I would explain to them that it was DM's wife. Sometimes I would have to wiggle it to get his attention, but he was generally pleased with his new-found love.