Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Animal Blogging

I've put up pics of these guys before, but what the heck, it's been a slow animal week. This is the green anole, Anolis carolinensis and he is showing off his underside at me.


I took this picture from inside my bedroom window. It seems that at about the same time everyday, this one fat specimen takes an interest in my window and comes crawling all over it. I wasn't sure what the deal was until I realized that he's probably seeing his reflection in the window and thinking that it's another anole. My iguana used to go nuts whenever he'd see a reflection of himself, bobbing his head and sticking his dewlap out. Which is what this guy does too:


Okay, so it's just anoles again. I'll have something different up next week. Until then, here's a bumblebee picture free of charge. Have a good weekend!