Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sick and Twisted

No, I'm not talking about the behavior of Rep. Mark Foley (although that was sick and twisted). I'm talking about this asshole who wants to out Foley's victims:

I have what I believe is the identity of the person that Rep. Mark Foley instant messaged.

I will be working on the story today and will present my findings tomorrow. I will put out a press release later today outlining what I will reveal on Wednesday October 4th at 4pm Central Time. I have contacted several bloggers to check my finding and verify that they are indeed accurate. I have also sent emails to major media and two United States Representatives. This will be a major news story and there is the possibility that this story will not be well received by the major news media. More updates throughout the day.
I don't think I need to explain what's wrong with this scenario. What's really disturbing is to read the comments. While a large fraction of the commenters rightly denounce this behavior, a good number of them try to justify it by assuming that the kid was part of some massive Democratic conspiracy that we need to get to the bottom of. What loons.

Update: Yep, dickhead outted the poor kid. I'm not linking to that post, you can go there yourself and look for it if you really care. I started reading the 100+ comments and got bored about a quarter of the way through after every single one of them said things like, "you're a scumbag", "piece of shit", "hope you get arrested", "anything happens to this kid and it's on your head", etc. I can only assume that this jackass didn't do this move to please his readers. In fact, he seems all giddy at the prospect of getting himself on TV, where hopefully the interviewer will rip him a new asshole as well. How pathetic is this guy?